Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer


Sun bleached hair
brown little feet
pattering through
sprinklers, jumping on the trampoline
wondering eyes
bronzed dimpled hands
catching caterpillars and ladybugs
dirtied socks and shoes
tan legs
hiking with sticks in tow
short stubby fingers
throwing with might
river rocks and playing in the sand
popsicle colored mouths
sticky noses
offer kisses
it is summer


Go to http://writingwithshelly.blogspot.com/ to enter your own poem.

17 comments:

  1. Great job! The imagery is really beautiful. :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2011/07/poetry-schmoetry-blogfest.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Evocative piece, capturing childhood spirit! ;)

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy - I LOVE this! Such great imagery. And I'm so happy that you've started a writing blog... I'm happy to be your first follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! You've captured the fun of a childhood summer.

    The Write Soil

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have captured the essence of summer so eloquently. Thanks for sharing!
    Pam at www.2encourage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! Very sweet! Makes me think of my daughter and the beauties of summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!

    Summer vacations were really awesome, back during my school days!! You reminded me of that!! cool!!

    with warm regards
    Another Author

    ReplyDelete
  8. The images in this poem are very well done. thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice. Brings back memories of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome images for the wonder of being a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, how cute. That reminds me of my little ones. And there is nothing better than being reminded of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like Popsicle colored mouths.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweetly written, and sweet images. Loved the little brown feet in the sprinklers part.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Summer perfectly captured in a poem ;D

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is still the stage my family is in, so this 'summer' is our now. I loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm staring at my four year old with his popsicle colored mouth as I read this. You've captured my summer!

    ReplyDelete